Marketing Executive Position Available
Brigit's Garden is an innovative and unique not-for-profit project in Co. Galway, involved in tourism, education and the environment. This is an exciting opportunity to be involved in actively marketing all aspects of Brigit’s Garden.
You will have at least three years’ experience at Marketing Executive level or similar, and be ready to take responsibility for implementing and further developing the marketing strategy for Brigit’s Garden. This strategy encompasses all aspects of our business - visitors to the award-winning Celtic Gardens, Café and Gift Shop, special events and weddings, education in nature and sustainability, business partnerships and fund-raising (Brigit’s Garden is a registered charity).
Brigit's Garden has received significant recent investment from LEADER, Science Foundation Ireland and other agencies. You will join our small, dedicated team and work closely with the Director and sales staff.
This is a temporary position and maternity cover. The contract will be for 6 months from mid-October, with a possible extension for up to 4 additional months. 20 hours per week.
- Deliver the marketing strategy to achieve the targets in the Brigit’s Garden Strategic Plan while upholding the ethos of the project
- Develop our brand in target markets
- Manage all online and offline marketing channels (website, social media, e-newsletters, print material etc.)
- Manage business-to-business and business-to customer campaigns to achieve targets for each market segment. This will include b-to-b relationships with tour operators and hotels and may include representing Brigit’s Garden at tourism trade fairs
- Develop and manage fund-raising campaigns
- Develop, monitor and report on KPIs
- Proven experience in delivering a marketing strategy
- A relevant marketing qualification
- Proven experience in website optimisation, social media and email marketing
- Strong organisational and project-management skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative marketing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and writing skills
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the tourism and hospitality sectors and the environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
The following would be advantages but are not essential
- Experience of Photoshop and graphic design
- Proficiency in Irish
This is a salaried position, salary on application. There will also be a budget for travel and expenses.
Apply with a CV and covering letter to Jenny Beale, Director, email@example.com
Closing date Friday 22nd September 2017.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The following food will be provided during the festival:
At the Garden Café
Friday 5.00pm - 9.00pm
Saturday 8.00a.m to 8.00pm
Sunday 8.00 - 6.00pm
Friday til 10.00pm
Saturday til 11.00pm
Sunday til close
At our Garden BBQ
Saturday 12.00- 8.00pm
At the Food Stalls
Saturday 12.00 - 8.00pm
Sunday 12.00 - 4.00pm
The Garden Café will serve
Breakfast includes a buffet bar with cereals, bacon/sausage rolls, croissants etc.
Lunch & Dinner is a delicious range of hot food, salads and kids’ options and drinks include a selection of herbal teas, coffee, wine, craft beers and minerals.
There will also be a range of home-baking and other treats in store for your delight
The Garden BBQ will be sizzling sausages and burgers with all the trimmings and the Food Stalls will be serving a variety of foods from Asian street food, baked potato, pizza, chips to delicious artisan ice-cream.
Driving along the N59 from Galway city you will pass through a small town called Moycullen. Follow the festival traffic signs.
A few kilometres after this you will reach the small village of Roscahill. You will then see a brown heritage signpost on the left hand side of the road with Brigit's Garden name on it pointing to Turn Right. Take this right and the entrance to Brigit's Garden is on the left approximately 2km from this turn (after the community centre and church on the left hand-side).
For those using GPS or Google Maps, they may direct you turn right at Connemara Motors but it is more efficient if you continue onwards with the festival traffic signs.
GPS Coordinates for Brigit's Garden:N: 53.38558 W: 9.2131
Please pay attention to the signs for the overnight carpark and day carpark during this event.
Accommodation Close by
(for Friday and/or Saturday night)
In Roscahill Co. Galway- 5 mins drive from Brigit's Garden
Rockfield House B&B, www.connemara-galway.net 091 555586
In Oughterard, Co. Galway: 10 mins drive from Brigit's Garden
Camillaun Lodge, www.camillaun.com 091 552678
The Boat Inn, www.theboatinn.ie 091 552196 (family rooms from €78)
Ross Lake House Hotel, www.rosslakehotel.com, 091 550109
The Connemara Lake Hotel www.theconnemaralakehotel.com 091 866016
Oughterard Hostel www.oughterardhostel.com 091 552388
Overnight for Campervans, contact Dessie Walsh in Oughterard, €10 per van, firstname.lastname@example.org 085 2899391
Oughterard Hostel www.oughterardhostel.com 091 552388
Salthill Caravan Park ; Salthill, Galway City, County Galway
Tel: 091 523972; 086 8175551 Email: email@example.com
Spiddal Mobile Home Park www.spiddalmobilehomes.ie Tel: 091 553372, Mob: 087 7607698 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
There is plenty of other accommodation listed at www.discoverireland.ie Follow links for accommodation and search for Moycullen or Oughterard
Please spread the word, follow us on Facebook and Twitter!! Book your tickets early to avoid disappointment!
Slán go fóill :)*