Brigit’s Garden, Co. Galway invites applications for the post of
Brigit's Garden is an innovative and unique not-for-profit project in Co. Galway, involved in tourism, education and the environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an exceptional person who can take our marketing function to the next level with flair and creativity.
You will have at least three years' experience at Marketing Executive level or similar, and be ready to take responsibility for planning, developing and managing a marketing strategy for Brigit's Garden. This strategy will encompass all key aspects of our business - visitors to the award-winning Celtic Gardens, Café and Gift Shop, special events and weddings, education in nature and sustainability, business partnerships and fund-raising (Brigit's Garden is a registered charity).
Brigit's Garden has received significant recent investment from LEADER, Science Foundation Ireland and other agencies. You will join our small, dedicated team and work closely with the Director and sales staff to take the project into the next phase of its development.
It is envisaged that this would be a full-time appointment; however there may be some flexibility for the right candidate.
- Create, manage and deliver a marketing strategy to deliver the targets in the Brigit's Garden Strategic Plan while upholding the ethos of the project
- Develop our brand in target markets
- Manage all online and offline marketing channels (website, social media, e-newsletters, print material etc.)
- Manage business-to-business and business-to customer campaigns to achieve targets for each market segment. This will include building b-to-b relationships with tour operators and hotels and representing Brigit's Garden at tourism trade fairs
- Develop and manage fund-raising campaigns
- Develop, monitor and report on KPIs
- Proven experience in developing and implementing a marketing strategy
- A relevant marketing qualification
- Proven experience in website optimisation, social media and email marketing
- Strong organisational and project-management skills
- Ability to think creatively and develop innovative marketing solutions
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and within a collaborative team
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills and writing skills
- Knowledge of and/or interest in the tourism and hospitality sectors and the environment
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
The following would be advantages but are not requirements
• Experience of Photoshop and graphic design
• Proficiency in Irish
This is a salaried position, salary on application. There will also be a budget for travel and expenses.
Please send your application by email to the Director, Jenny Beale, at email@example.com with a CV and covering letter. Closing date is Sunday 14th February 2016.