- Oct 26 2020
Halloween Bonfire & Storytelling
It’s that time of year again, when the veil between this world and the other is at its thinnest. And at this special time of year, you would be well advised to disguise yourself so the ghouls won’t find you! So dig out your costumes and join us for an afternoon of Spooky Arts & Crafts, Chilling Stories with master storyteller Rab Fulton, notions, potions and lotions with the Wacky Witch, Hunting for the Púca and our grand finale, everybody’s favourite - our Bonfire to celebrate Samhain.
Hallowe’en Bonfire & Storytelling takes place on the 24th & 25th October this year. The event runs from 3pm to 6pm and is a family event, suitable for all ages.
The Gory Details…
3 – 5pm
- Big Boo’s Scavenger Hunt for kids around Brigit’s Garden. Collect the letters to spell out the haunted words which are to be shared with the Wacky Witch and thrown into her cauldron to retrieve a prize.
- Spooky Arts & Crafts in the Marquee. Be inspired by nature and get stuck into some autumnal inspired arts and crafts.
- Drumming Workshop in the Roundhouse. Drum up some fiery energy ahead of the Bonfire.
- Witchery in the Roundhouse. Visit the Wacky Witch at her cauldron, to help her create spells and potions.
- Apple fishing at the fountain.
- Enjoy the Celtic Gardens at dusk.
Allocated Times starting at 3.15pm
- Storytelling with Rab Fulton. Rab has a substantial back catalogue of the great myths and legends of Ireland and Scotland. He will mesmerise young and old alike with his unique delivery of Celtic fairy tales.
- Join the Wacky Witch for the parade to the Bonfire and chase the Púca. The Púca is a mythical creature who likes creating havoc in the mortal world. The Púca often enjoys confusing humans and trying to scare us. Once we take care of the Púca, we will light the Bonfire and welcome Samhain - the beginning of a new year for Celtic peoples.
The Garden Café
Enjoy some fang-tastic cuisine at the Garden Café. Think pumpkin soup, googly-eyed cookie monsters, candied apples – it will be drop dead gorgeous!
Prices and online booking coming soon - sign up to our newsletter to get the latest news.
Special Events Terms and Conditions
1. In order to ensure the security, safety and comfort of all guests, Brigit’s Garden Ltd reserve the right to refuse admission.
2. We reserve the right to refuse admission without a valid ticket. We only accept tickets issued online or from official ticket sales offices. Brigit’s Garden members must bring their valid membership card for presentation on entry if availing of the member’s discounts.
3. Ticket are non-refundable. There will be no refunds for tickets other than in the cancellation of the event. In the event of cancellation of the event, only the face value of the ticket will be refunded and not the booking fee.
4. Brigit’s Garden do not offer a refund on unused tickets due to adverse weather conditions. Special events will go ahead come rain, hail or shine except in the event of extreme weather conditions. If wet, activities will be moved indoors.
5. Brigit’s Garden free admission passes are not valid for special events.
6. The family of 4 ticket allows for 4 family members in any combination of adults and children. Same goes for the family of 5 ticket. Some special events do not offer a family ticket, in which case the price of an adult and child ticket is the same.
7. We will not be held responsible for any aspect of incorrect selection of tickets by the customer including, but not limited to, event, day and / or time of performance, ticket quantity, ticket type, seating assigned and ticket delivery method.
8. The customer is wholly responsible for ensuring that all aspects of their ticket order are correct. When purchasing, please take your time and make sure you are selecting the correct tickets. Before confirming the purchase, please review all the ticket information displayed which is based on the choices you made and ensure these are fully correct. We are unable to provide for transfer of tickets to a new date after purchase is completed.
9. Admission is at the ticket holder's own risk. Brigit’s Garden Ltd. will not be held liable for any loss, injuries or damages sustained at the event including damage, theft or losses to property and motor vehicles, if the cause is due to the negligence of the ticket holder or the unforeseeable actions of other patrons or third parties.
10. As a condition of sale, the Adult ticket holder understands that there will be some media present as well as authorised Brigit’s Garden photographers who will be taking some film and photographs for promotional purposes. Brigit’s Garden will ensure if this results in close-up shots of children permission will be sought from their Parent/Guardian.
These Terms and Conditions while extensive are subject to change.